These are a few of our favorite rides and we hope you'll explore and enjoy them too! We've chosen to map these rides using the Ride Spot app, which is a completely free app provided by People for Bikes, a national non-profit organization that promotes and advocates for safe cycling for all. We like Ride Spot because it's one of the simplest navigation apps to use, it's ad-free, no cost, and it's powered by a great organization that we hope you'll join us in supporting.
Not sure which ride to choose? Stop by and ask us! Most of these rides start and finish at our shop, where we have direct access to a city parking lot, not to mention the best cup of locally roasted coffee in town since we share our space with Downshift Coffee.
Want to see even more rides than what we've listed below? Check out the CG Bikes Ride Spot Page.
B4 (Belfast, Bayside, Beech and Back) | 19 miles
A can't miss for road riders. Shore Road in Northport is a low-traffic roller coaster of a road with a view of Penobscot Bay the whole way. Then up next, you'll climb up Beech Hill with views of the Camden Hills and blueberry barrens before heading back in to town.
- Road quality: Mostly very good pavement, and low traffic, with short sections on State Routes 1 and 52, which require extra caution due to fast moving traffic.
- Ride Spot Link: https://ridespot.org/rides/511107
Morey Hill Loop | 24 miles
One of Chris's favorites. Quiet roads and mostly gentle rolling hills, punctuated with a couple of short steep hills (Morey Hill Road) at the half way point that will challenge the legs, but reward you with excellent views of the hills of Morrill.
- Road quality: Mostly very good pavement, and low traffic. Poors Mill Road is a commuter route with occasional fast traffic, but good site lines. There is a short section on State Route 137, with lots of shoulder to ride in, but use caution where traffic enters and exits Route 1.
- Ride Spot Link: https://ridespot.org/rides/511104
Maine Paris Roubaix Ride | 26 miles
A ride for the grittiest road cyclists or gravel riders. A mix of pavement and dirt roads, including spectacular panoramic views along Appleton Ridge, one of Waldo County's must-ride roads.
- Road quality: Mix of paved and dirt roads. Look out for pot holes and frost heaves. Mostly low traffic.
- Ride Spot Link: https://ridespot.org/rides/511102
Get the Gear You Need
Shop for the perfect bike before your next ride. We’re here to answer all of your cycling related questions.